Some of the best from our recent trip to Hamilton, IL. A few are from the Jacobs site, and the rest are from a private property that we visited with the mayor of Hamilton. All of them are from the lower Warsaw formation.
1. Quartz with pyrite flecks
2. Clear gemmy quartz on a white chalcedony layer
3. Iron stained “citrine” quartz - from geode layer located at the base of a Sandstone unit
4. Smoky quartz
5. Nice big calcite crystals, looks a little pink in the sun
6. Chalcedony encrusted quartz
7. Various “gift sized” and “sugary” quartz-lined geodes